Being a product manager requires you to be a CEO of a product. You have to be at the intersection of all business functions. This means handling research, marketing, development, vision, branding, finance and future strategies at the same time; which is not a task that can be easily mastered. Even if you’re are an established product manager, there are always new aspects to learn about the field which often require experience.
But you can always start with a course.
Here’s a tightly curated list of the 8 best product management courses on the internet for both the new product managers as well as existing product managers.
1. For the Beginners: Product Management 101, “A perfect course for the new-comers to learn about the fundamentals of product management.”
2. For the Serious Learners Looking at PM as a Career: Become a Product Manager | Learn the Skills & Get the Job, “A comprehensive course for everyone looking for a career in product management, including everything from ideation to research to development to leadership.”
3. University Certified PM Course: Software Product Management Specialization, “A specialization offered by the University of Alberta targeted to Software Product Managers, helping them apply management techniques to realistic scenarios.”
4. To Help Transitioning to Product Management: Transitioning to Product Management, “A detailed course to help people transition their career to product management even with a nontraditional background.”
5. To Understand the Branding Aspect of Product Management: Brand and Product Management, “A product management course directed towards developing a product and brand strategy to develop a long term value of the product.”
6. To Understand the Vision & Strategy Aspects of Product Management: Advanced Product Management: Vision, Strategy & Metrics, “ A product management course with more focus on developing vision framework, development hierarchies and agile road-mapping to develop a product that grows well in the long run.”
7. To Understand the Marketing Aspect of Product Management: Product Management & Marketing: Personas, “A detailed PM course with more focus on how to build a buyer persona and how to market your product.”
8. To Understand the Leadership Aspect of Product Management: Advanced Product Management #2: Leadership & Communication, “An advanced PM course to help those who are already in this field to be better leaders and communicators.”
Designed for the new-comers or the product managers with 0-5 years of experience, this is a detailed course teaching the fundamentals and best practices of being a PM.
But, even though this course is for the beginners, it focuses on helping you become a fully functional product manager and understand the full lifecycle of the offerings to create customer value, generate long term competitive advantage, and deliver consistent profitability.
For the Serious Learners Looking at PM as a Career:
An intensive and hands-on course which teaches the varying role of a product manager through different types and sizes of companies. It also helps you to determine which type of product management suits your goals and personality.
This course looks at this subject from four perspectives -
It's a comprehensive course which also teaches you the intricacies like -
A perfect specialization to learn agile methodology along with product management. This six-course specialization by the University of Alberta focuses on the following -
A specialized course for anyone who plans to transition his career into product management. This course teaches you exactly how you can take up product management as career even if you have a nontraditional background.
Besides this, you'll also get to witness a usual day being a product manager.
The instructor also shares the ways that you can prepare for this new role - how to build your portfolio and create a personal brand. He also gives you suggestions on deciding whether to pursue this transition in your current company or look for a different company for the same.
Product development is a long-term process. This course advocates just that. It includes creating an action plan which not only focuses on the product development process but also the challenge of managing products through their 'life-cycle' and building a brand which lasts long.
You'll find many interviews of customers and industry professionals which will help you learn the importance of brand strategy in product management.
To Understand the Vision & Strategy Aspects of Product Management:
It's vital to have a vision and strategy while developing and managing a new product. This course focuses just on that. Essentially for the people who are already into product management, this course advocates the difference between vision and strategy, using a vision framework, and making roadmaps using agile.
The course helps you analyze data better and use it for long-term strategies.
Building a buyer persona is essential to understand who will actually buy the product and why will he do it. It helps the product manager form positioning, communication, and go-to-market strategies.
This small course helps you do just that - developing a perfect buyer persona (using the 10-step persona building process) so you can market your product to your B2B clients.
To Understand the Leadership Aspect of Product Management:
Product management not only involves managing the product but it also requires you to manage the people involved in the process. This specialized course focuses on managing team and enhancing leadership and communication skills to make product management easier and more effective.
Get Personalized Recommendations
Just let us know what topic you're interested in and we'll suggest you the best entrepreneurship course available on the internet
This section contains links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
Product or company names, logos, and trademarks referred to on this site belong to their respective owners.
Send this to a friend