The 10 Best Marketing Books For Entrepreneurs
Starting a business is easy, but establishing it is hard. Marketing is the key to building it. However, in the era of cutthroat competition, it becomes difficult to invest time and money effectively to market the brand.
Marketing is a lot more than just promoting the business. It’s not about what companies want to tell but what consumers want to hear. Understanding the potential market, identifying marketing channels, proper budgeting and making a presence is also essential.
One can learn marketing in a day, but mastering it may take a lifetime. So why not give a headstart to this learning process with some good marketing books?
Here’s a befitting list of marketing books that will help you gain a competitive edge and get you right where you want.
- For marketing newbies: Marketing Insights From A to Z: 80 Concepts Every Manager Needs to Know, “The easy to read classic choice for learning the core marketing concepts”
- To learn developing a marketing strategy: The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand Out From The Crowd, “A step by step approach to building a successful marketing strategy.”
- To create a powerful brand: Building A Story Brand: Clarify Your Message So Customers Will Listen, “A step by step approach to arise customers’ interest in the brand by the New York Times bestselling author Donald Miller.”
- To learn the unusual and think top-notch: Non-Obvious Megatrends: How to See What Others Miss and Predict the Future, “A simplified methodology to hunt for an unnoticed trend to boost the business.”
- To learn game-changing marketing: 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More, “The ultimate guide for knowing the company’s key strengths for success”
- For countering tough competition: Strategic Marketing Management, “A behavioural guide to prudent decision making in business.”
- For memorable customer experience: Hit Makers: The Science of Popularity in an Age of Distraction, “A comprehensive strategy to understand consumer psyche with engaging stories and facts.”
- For strong social media presence: Social Media Marketing All-in-One For Dummies (For Dummies), “The conclusive formula setting online trends and creating social media buzz.”
- For cost-effective marketing: Guerrilla Marketing: Easy and Inexpensive Strategies for Making Big Profits from Your Small Business, “A consistent and committed approach for adding a wow factor to marketing.”
- For new-age marketing: Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital , “One-stop solution to understand changing consumer trends ."
Recommended Marketing Books
An ultimate guide to the fundamentals of marketing and everything around a business by the Father of Modern Marketing, Philip Kotler.
The book simply puts forward marketing concepts from A to Z right from advertising, branding, competition to technology, value and zest.
The concise examples and cases in the book convey insights and findings on the classic marketing concepts that remain viable even in the modern world.
If you are curious about marketing and wish to implement effective marketing, this marketing book fits you best.
A sure-shot choice to learn to build an ideal marketing strategy. The serial entrepreneur Allan Dib simplifies the process by putting forward a single sheet plan divided into nine squares.
The book also reviews and probes into a few interesting ways for
- Grasping new customers and retaining existing ones
- Acing competition
- Using a logical approach to marketing
- Getting impressive returns from small budget marketing
- Understanding the befitting kind of marketing
If you have been longing for a bang-on marketing approach, build one in no time! This book got you covered.
Donald Miller’s revolutionary method of connecting interpersonally with its customers. It is a proven solution to learn how to capture the psyche of the potential audience and position the brand firmly in their minds.
The readers get conclusive answers of the following:
- How and why customer makes a purchase
- How to simplify the brand message for long-lasting appeal
- How to reveal the compelling benefits of the product offered
- How to formulate a persuasive pitch for advertising
- How to pick up a credible USP for the offerings
If you envision your business offering an irresistible product or service, this marketing book will guide you through and through.
The definitive guide to gaining proficiency in identifying market trends and getting insights into the ten emerging latent trends that will Command market behaviour in the future. The book essentially coaches the reader in the following:
- How to develop the mindset to spot non-obvious trends
- How to segregate marketing inputs and make sense of it
- How to apply this un-obvious thinking to business
If you want to go the extra mile by observing and predicting the market’s drift and be future-ready at every step, this book is your gospel.
Perry Marshall’s theory discovers and focuses on the aspects that massively reward the business through the 80/20 rule. The book builds the reader’s competence in:
- Identifying untapped markets
- Finding high-profit opportunities
- Gaining esteem in the market
- Differentiating from competitors
- Advertising to hyper-responsive buyers
- Predicting the future earning potential
If you want to know your strengths and get the most out of them, get your hands on this marketing book as soon as possible.
A comprehensive approach to strategic planning for students and professionals alike. The book reveals the logic and critical aspects behind marketing and equips the reader with:
- Practical frameworks that help identify, understand and solve marketing problems
- Conceptual understanding for decision making about the product or service
- Skill to invent new marketing campaigns
- Methods to evaluate the existing marketing mix
If you wish to employ a well-thought marketing plan and rule the market, this book will help you succeed.
The handbook to making your product/service a blockbuster by making it a cultural phenomenon. Derek Thompson portrays people’s attention as the most valuable currency for a business.
This book sets out to answer two questions:
- What is the secret to making products that people will like in music, movies, television, and more across the vast cultural landscape?
- Why do some products fail in these marketplaces while similar ideas catch on and become massive hits?
If you wish to comprehend the blockbuster brands’ success and emulate it in your business, you got to grab this book!
Jan Zimmerman’s nine mini books in one provide in-depth mastery of marketing and advertising on social media. Readers gain valuable know-how on:
- Planning the right strategy
- Selecting the right social media marketing mix for promotion
- Creating influential media-specific content
- Engaging the audience and evaluating the online presence
- Using feedback for product development
- Overcoming the social media marketing rush
If you wish to set your brand apart and harness gains from social networking, this book will come in handy for you.
One-stop solution to affordable, competitive marketing techniques by Jay Conrad Levinson. It explores a new way of defining market share and strategies to acquire it. Key takeaways of the book include:
- Around 200 solid weapons to widen customer base and gain popularity
- Tips for using the latest technology and engaging prospective audiences effectively
- Leveraging the power of communication and interactions to boost the business
If you are an aspiring entrepreneur, this book is your marketing bible!
Philip Kotler brings his expertise to the table by giving the ultimate guide to adapting to digital technologies in the new age marketing dynamics. This book gives you the hack to make it happen by:
- Discovering the new mandates of marketing
- Creating the wow moments and setting a trend
- Building a committed and vocal customer base
- Learning who/what will shape the future of customer choice
If you want to plan ahead and rule the digital world, this book is the best choice.
Get Personalized Recommendations
Just let us know what topic you're interested in and we'll suggest you the best entrepreneurship course available on the internet
This section contains links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
Product or company names, logos, and trademarks referred to on this site belong to their respective owners.