A tool that helps you promote your content and helps you find new followers
Feedough content and reviews are editorially independent. We may make money when you click on links to our partners. Learn More.
Picture this: you've got a ton of content to create for your brand, but only a few hours in a day to give to enhance the social media presence. You know you must keep up with the latest trends, be on every social media platform, and engage with your audience. How can you possibly do it all?
That's where social media management tools like SocialBee come in. By providing an all-in-one platform for scheduling, publishing, and analysing social media content, tools like SocialBee can help businesses save time, increase engagement, and ultimately grow their social media following.
But with so many social media management tools on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is the right fit for your business. In this comprehensive SocialBee review, we'll take a closer look at one of the most popular social media management tools available today. We'll explore its key features, pricing options, and overall performance, so you can make an informed decision about whether or not it's the right tool for your social media strategy.
SocialBee Key Features
Who Is It For?
SocialBee is a powerful social media scheduler tool with many features that make it easy to schedule, manage and track social media posts. The approval queue feature is a real-time-saver that lets you quickly get your social media posts approved or edited. The tool's hashtag collections, import media, Canva integration, and Short URLs are incredibly helpful, and the detailed analytics helps you track your social media performance at its best. And its evergreen content feature ensures your social media accounts are always active.
If you compare the price to other market leaders like Hootsuite or Buffer, it is pocket friendly to use.
There isn't much to dislike about SocialBee, but if its UI gets improved, the tool will be a blessing.
Besides, as SocialBee now offers AI content generator and Concierge service, it's worth considering for your social media management needs. So, if you're looking for a comprehensive social media scheduling tool, this SocialBee Review highlights the many benefits and features it offers.
Ease Of Use
Lacks ease of use than other platforms available in the market. Difficult to understand the sections.
The application is no doubt feature-rich, but navigating to those features and finding the right use is a difficulty.
The output quality is impressive but not the best out of lot.
The price is comparatively more affordable than other available software in the market.
They read the problems carefully & respond with absolute solutions.
Detailed SocialBee Review
What Is SocialBee?
SocialBee is the ultimate social media scheduling tool for businesses seeking a streamlined social media management experience. With SocialBee, you can effortlessly create, schedule, publish, and analyze your posts to save valuable time and boost your online presence.
SocialBee makes managing multiple social media accounts easier, all from one centralised dashboard, and offers the latest social media scheduling functionality. Since its launch in 2016, SocialBee has quickly caught up with industry leaders like Hootsuite and Buffer and continues to add new features to stay ahead of the curve.
Considered by many as one of the best dedicated social scheduling tools available, SocialBee can cater to various needs, making it a go-to tool for businesses of all sizes.
Further in this SocialBee review, lets dig deep into its key features, benefits, pros, and cons.
SocialBee Key Features
Let’s take a closer look at the features of SocialBee:
- Manage: You can add multiple accounts in SocialBee, up to 150 social media accounts and manage them all from one dashboard.
- Categories: To help you categorise your posts on social media more efficiently, SocialBee allows you to create categories for the type of content you regularly share on your social channels.
- Schedule setup: With the schedule, you will be able to customise the schedule of the content categories you created. So it knows when to publish which content, at what time, in your categories onto your chosen social media accounts.
- Content sources: There are several content sources you can import the content from, including RSS, Pocket, Import Links, Import CSV, Import Media, Zapier, and Browser Extensions.
- Audience: Using the Audience feature, you can access the follower list of your top competitors and extract the best followers you would want to follow.
- Workspace: When you're working with multiple clients in your business or agency, SocialBee allows you to make different workspaces for different clients and restrict them to that particular workspace offering roles and permissions in that workspace to particular users.
- Next Posts: The Next Posts section in SocialBee’s calendar tool shows your next scheduled 100 posts in different formats. You can view them in a simple list view, a calendar view, a grid view (for Instagram posts), and failed posts as well.
- Concierge Service: You can purchase SocialBee’s concierge services to help you manage multiple parts of your marketing strategy. SocialBee has trained experts to assist you as a Social Media Specialist for Community Management, Ads Management, LinkedIn Lead Generation, Content Writing, Article Writing (Weekly & Monthly), and Copywriting.
- Analytics: Analytics shows you the factors you need to look at to understand how your social media strategy performed. You can view audience status, page analytics, post analytics, engagement level, and top-performing content.
Who Can Benefit From SocialBee?
Various user groups can benefit from SocialBee, so in this SocialBee review, let's examine who can take advantage of this versatile tool.
- Social Media Agencies: SocialBee can help you to manage and grow multiple clients' social media accounts efficiently and with ease. Offering different workspaces to manage tasks helps the team streamline tasks and boost efficiency.
- Freelancers: It helps you with social media management for your multiple clients and streamlines your workflow. You can benefit from SocialBee's automation and scheduling features, which will help you save time and improve your productivity.
- Small businesses: SocialBee's cost-effective pricing and its wide range of social media management features help you pocket an effective social media scheduling tool within a budget. With this tool, you can easily manage your resources, make your team efficient, and still consistently grow your online presence.
- Social media marketers: You can use SocialBee to schedule, track, and analyse social media performance across multiple platforms to ease up your job. You can access two years of data, get insights from it, and learn your strategies efficiently ahead.
- Entrepreneurs: You can benefit from SocialBee's evergreen content feature, which ensures your social media accounts are always active, even when you are busy with other aspects of your business. It will help you save time on social media management and focus on growing your business.
- Solopreneurs: You can benefit from SocialBee’s most unique feature, Concierge services. If you do not want to hire a team but want assistance with your social media management, you can get this service to get everything managed by an expert from SocialBee’s trained team. They have experts in managing your community, media specialists, content writers, and more.
- Customer service: With SocialBee, you'll never have to worry about any application issues. If anything comes up, their customer service team will take care of it and respond with the absolute solution in time.
- Automated content recycling: If you want to save time reposting evergreen content, opt for the 're-queue' feature. Opting for this feature, the software will roll over your already posted or to-be-posted content to different integrated platforms.
- Free calls: The SocialBee offers free calls to almost every client encountering a problem or wanting to understand the software better.
- Create multiple workspaces: If you're working with numerous clients, the workspace feature lets you create separate workspaces for each one. This way, you can bucket all their profiles in one place and manage them all separately without creating a mess.
- Hashtag managers: With Hashtag managers, you no more have to type hashtags while curating posts. You can save your most used hashtags and save them according to your profile to use them later.
- Supports RSS feeds: RSS (Rich Site Summary) is a standardised format for distributing content from websites or blogs. With SocialBee supporting RSS feeds, you can import content from RSS feeds and automatically share it on your social media accounts.
- CSV files: With the CSV file upload system, you will no longer have to upload every single post and schedule it. Instead, you can directly upload the entire file and get the posts scheduled with little edits.
- AI Content Generator: The AI feature of SocialBee generates content for your next post upon receiving commands from you. All you need to do is, give it commands, and it will create content for you.
- Affordable: The SocialBee, compared to Hootsuite, Buffer and other market leaders, is comparatively cheap.
- Strong Analytics: With SocialBee's strong analytics feature, you can see your audience status, page analytics, post analytics, top-performing content, and engagement level. You can use these insights to improve your campaigns for the coming months.
- Content categories: Many applications would never categorise content which makes it difficult to analyse their results later, but SocialBee has content categories to post content under the categories.
- Complicated UI: The user interface of SocialBee is a bit complicated to understand in the beginning. You need to learn everything and every feature to use it properly, or you might feel burned out operating it.
- Learning curve: The software has a learning curve where you need to learn about the entire software, its features, and where to find which feature. Sometimes you need to reach out to customer service to understand why it is doing what it is doing.
- Limited social media platform integration: the software allows only major social media platform integration. It does not allow platforms like Mastodon, Telegram, Medium, Tumbler, Twilio and more.
- No social inbox, listening, or monitoring features: There are no listening, social inbox or monitoring features in SocialBee. It is particularly the social media scheduler-centric software.
SocialBee Case Study
I know, just posting pros and cons in this SocialBee review is kind of boring. So, I’ll try to step up this SocialBee review by providing this hands-on case study.
In fact, you can even try it yourself by getting a 14-day free trial.
Creating A New Workspace And Connecting Profiles
This is how SocialBee welcomes you when you log in and create your new workspace. It creates a workspace for you and asks you to link your social media profiles to it. You can create up to 30 workspaces and add up to 5 users to each workspace with custom permissions.
You can link as many as 150 profiles and manage all your social media channels from one place.
As an exclusive scheduling tool, SocialBee is publishing-centric, and thus, it allows you to add content categories to all your posts. Here are the pre-existing content categories you will find in there to list your content under them:
- Content without a Category
- Curated News
- Our Blog Posts
- Blogs from RSS
- Quotes, Questions, and Fun
Create Your Own Category
When there is no category that fits your needs, you can create your own categories and add your insider description and name to use later. For this SocialBee review I made a category, namely Competitors high rank. Here is how:
Any posts you create or assign to a category will automatically follow the publishing schedule you designate for that particular category. So, before you assign a post to the schedule, you need to create a schedule and choose the relevant option. Here is how it works:
Edit The Posting Time
While creating the schedule, you need to choose the category, social media channel and the time that you want to add to that particular category. This way, you will not have to customise the settings of posts every time you create them.
Adding A Post
Once you set up your content categories and have configured schedules for them, you can create your own posts. So, I created my own posts by adding my own media from Canva. You can also upload them from Giphy, or Unsplash. Additionally, I added variants for one post and customised each variant according to the social media channel I wanted to post on.
For Twitter, I added a caption with limited characters and hashtags, while for Facebook, I used a long caption. For Instagram, I add more hashtags. I did all of this while I created just one post and editing its variants.
I can choose the post variant to preview them on the right window. Here is how the entire thing looks like:
In the dashboard, under each profile’s section, there is an option for ‘next post’, which shows the next 100 posts' schedules in different formats. You can view these in calendar view or simple list view, or you can also view Instagram posts in grid view.
This is how my next post list view looks like:
AI Post Generator
When you are generating or creating your post, unless you are promoting a blog or news, you can ask the AI to create a post for you while giving it the basic instruction about what the post should be about. In this SocialBee review we tested the AI post generator and here is how it is:
And within a few seconds, I receive the AI-generated posts customised for each variant with hashtags. I had the option of choosing the posts for the variants and even edit them before scheduling them.
If you want to re-queue your post, you can either choose it while creating the post or get them posted later automatically. They stop only when you delete it or when the post expires.
Or, you can go to view your next posts, and choose the re-queue option on the post to add it to a re-queue queue of the post.
Use Canva Inside the SocialBee
You can upload pictures or designs created on your Canva account. Or you can go to Canva and start creating a design.
NOTE: The designs you create on Canva from SocialBee remain only on SocialBee and do not get saved in your own account on Canva.
You can go and create on Canva by going to the Add post and clicking on the Canva icon to get started with designing on Canva.
Up To 30 Workspaces
When you are working with multiple clients, you can create up to 30 workspaces and add 5 users each in the workspace to manage them. I have created three workspaces by now and looking forward to creating more to manage more clients.
The most unique thing about SocialBee is its Concierge service. It has experts in Social Media Management, Community Management, Ads Management, LinkedIn Lead Generation, Content Writing, Article Writing (Weekly & Monthly), and Copywriting.
If you’re a solopreneur and need help coming up with a social media marketing strategy and campaign, SocialBee’s in-house team can help you.
They have experts for all that you want to manage online. All you have to do is go to the concierge store and get your suitable plan.
You can try out any of the paid subscriptions of SocialBee for 14 days for free before you make a commitment.
This trial period allows you to explore the tool thoroughly and decide if it suits your needs.
In case you are not satisfied with the tool, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
These measures protect you as a consumer and encourage you to give the tool a chance.
There are two categories for choosing the pricing, standard plans and agency plans.
As mentioned, standard plans are best for solopreneurs, small businesses, and even entrepreneurs and freelancers. While agency plans are best for agencies or social media managers.
SocialBee offers three paid plans that allow you to post on various social media profiles.
Each plan is tailored to meet the specific needs of different users. Here is a brief overview of each plan:
- 1 workspace
- 1 user per workspace
- 5 social profiles
- 10 content categories
- 10 RSS feeds
- 1,000 posts per category
- 1 workspace
- 1 user per workspace
- 10 social profiles
- 50 content categories
- 50 RSS feeds
- 5,000 posts per category
- 5 workspaces
- 3 users per workspace
- 25 social profiles
- Unlimited content categories and RSS feeds
- 5,000 posts per category.
The Agency Plan is a custom-tailored solution designed for agencies and social media managers with unique needs. These plans are highly customised to meet the requirements of your business.
Here is the brief about each plan:
$79 per Month - Pro25 small plan offers:
- 25 Social Accounts
- 3 Users per Workspace
- 5 Workspaces
$149 per Month - Pro50 medium plan offers:
- 50 Social Accounts
- 5 Users per Workspace
- 10 Workspaces
$279 per Month - Pro100 Large plan offers:
- 100 Social Accounts
- 5 Users per Workspace
- 20 Workspaces
$379 per Month - Pro150 Extra Large plan offers:
- 150 Social Accounts
- 5 Users per Workspace
- 30 Workspaces
Here is what you’ll get the in each plan:
SocialBee Review - Our Verdict
Overall the SocialBee is a great social media scheduler tool for social media managers, agencies, entrepreneurs, freelancers, and solopreneurs. It comes with a range of features, including AI, that makes it easy to create, schedule, manage and track social media posts. A lot of features like re-queue, categories, Canva integration, CSV file integration and more saves time. It is a great alternative to market leads and especially Hootsuite or Buffer.
But two main things I feel this tool lacks are the intuitive UI and the social inbox. No social inbox makes it challenging for me to monitor the comments, likes, and mentions.
Besides, as it has AI and the tool is highly scheduling-focused, it's worth considering the purchase.
We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions about SocialBee to help you learn more about this platform.
You get access to any of the plans listed (without adding credit/debit card details) on SocialBee up to our best plan, Pro, which has all of our features included. During the 14-day free trial, you will be able to enjoy frictionless posting.
If you choose the wrong plan, no worries. You can always upgrade, downgrade, or cancel whenever you want. If you downgrade the plan, you’ll be credited the difference amount on a pro-rata basis.
This is a service where SocialBee’s expert team works for you. The services that come under the Concierge Services include Social Media Management, Community Management, Ads Management, LinkedIn Lead Generation, Content Writing, Article Writing (Weekly & Monthly), and Copywriting.
Yes, you can post an Instagram reel using SocialBee. All you have to do is while you are creating your post and customising it for the Instagram platform, you need to click on ‘customise for each profile’ and select if you want to post it as a feed, reel, or story.
No, SocialBee has real humans working as a team to deliver the best results for the chosen service. Thus, to see your commitment to the plan, SocialBee does not offer a free trial for this.