The 8 Best Project Management Courses On The Internet
Project management is a difficult subject to master. Unlike other subjects, there isn't a clear distinction among different levels when it comes to project management. Even if you know the basics, you might think you know everything. But that's not the case. It requires you to take different courses depending upon your need – whether you want to clear the PMP exam or just maintain a certification status to help you with your management skills, or to land up with a job.
Here are the 8 best project management courses to help you succeed in the venture of acquiring more skills.
- For 360° Development: The Project Management Course: Beginner to PROject Manager, “A comprehensive course including the fundamental theory and best practices of project management for those starting their career in project management."
- For the Beginners: Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization, “A project management specialization for beginners by the University of Continuing Education, focusing on building skills to ensure your projects are completed on time and on budget while giving the user the product they expect.”
- For the Professionals with Work Experience: UCI Project Management Professional Certificate, “A flexible online project management course for professionals with 3-5 years of work experience who are interested in pursuing career in project management.”
- For the Engineers: Engineering Project Management Specialization, “A specialization offered by Rice University focused towards teaching project management to engineers”
- For Those Opting for PMP Exam: PMP Exam Prep Seminar - PMBOK Guide 6, “A specialized and comprehensive course for those willing to apply for PMP exam conducted by the Project Management Institue.”
- To Learn Agile Project Management: Agile Crash Course: Agile Project Management; Agile Delivery, “A project management course designed specifically to teach agile methodology. It comes with certificates from two different universities – one from Zurich, Switzerland and the other from Virginia, USA.”
- Business Technology Management for Engineers: Engineering Project Management Specialization, “A blanket specialization which not only deals with project management but also helps you place engineering at the center of firm strategy and operations to help you examine technology through a business lens.”
- PM for Designers: Project Management for Designers, “A short yet comprehensive project management course created for the designers to help them make project management a priority for themselves and their team.”
Recommended Project Management Courses
A perfect course for those planning to start their career in project management. This course doesn't require you to have any prior experience, skill, or educational background.
The course will not only help you learning the fundamentals of project management but it also will provide you with 15+ project management templates and practical documents to help you structure and manage projects.
Along with this, you'll also study Waterfall and Agile project management, performed with Scrum, and will perform a case study of a project by observing real-life scenarios.
The best thing about this Udemy course is that the instructor uses a particular example throughout the course which makes it easy to understand.
An intensive and hands-on series of courses to help you understand the basics of project management and build skills to deliver products within cost, schedule, and resource constraints.
The specialization includes four courses which will focus on teaching you how to -
- Allocate project resources
- Create a project budget
- Identify and manage risks
- Build a work breakdown schedule
- Define a project’s scope
- Write a project plan
A professional certificate course by UCI for professionals with 3-5 years of work experience, who are interested in pursuing careers in project management. The course spans over 6 months and includes instructor-led virtual sessions and expert feedback on projects.
Upon completion, you'll receive a professional certificate issued by the University of California, Irvine and 12 units of continuing education academic credit; and will be prepared to pass the PMP® exam.
A specialized series of courses designed for the engineers to effectively manage projects in a dynamic professional environment.
The course is designed to provide you tools to more effectively manage your projects; to give a solid foundation of knowledge, skills, and confidence that sets you apart when it comes to project management and also to give you a competitive edge when it comes to leadership.
Project Management Professional (PMP) is an internationally recognized professional designation offered by the Project Management Institute
This course is designed especially for those planning to give the PMP exam. It is provided by a PMI Registered Education Provider and includes almost everything you would require during your PMP exam preparations. Moreover, you'll earn 35 PDUs / 35 contact hours for the exam upon completion of this course.
Agile is the new global trend. This course focuses on providing you the knowledge and tools to master Agile Development, Agile Project Delivery and Agile Project Management.
Upon completing the course, you'll receive two certificate, an Agile Certified Digital Badge, and access to the most dynamic Agile Community in the world.
It's a perfect course for beginners or anyone who wants to know what exactly agile is and how you can use this methodology to manage projects.
An out-of-the box series of courses for engineers, focusing on leveraging technology in managing projects, leadership, and team management. The specialization will introduce you to the IT-powered digital transformation that business are going through and will help you make use of analytics in everything you do.
The specialization is made up of 3 courses which starts with the initiating and planning engineering projects and goes on to explaining risk, quality, teams, and procurement in such projects.
A short project management course designed especially for the designers to help them determine their project management strengths and weaknesses, identifying challenges early on, dealing with client needs, and making project management a priority for the team.
Get Personalized Recommendations
Just let us know what topic you're interested in and we'll suggest you the best entrepreneurship course available on the internet
This section contains links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
Click here to see our full disclaimer.
Product or company names, logos, and trademarks referred to on this site belong to their respective owners.