The 5 Best Strategic Management Courses On The Internet
Strategy is the most critical yet often underestimated part of a business. It’s the key to success, to sustainability, and to survival in a competitive environment. No matter how good you are with the other aspects of running a business, if you don’t know strategic management, there’s something you’ll always lack.
But you can always start with a course.
Here’s a list of the 5 best strategic management courses on the internet to help you manage your business strategies better.
- Specialisation in Strategic Management and Innovation: Strategic Management and Innovation Specialisation, “A four-course long specialisation by Copenhagen Business School examining and teaching the emerging role of design, user experience, and innovation in shaping competitive advantage.”
- For The Beginners: Strategic Management, ‘A business management course for people who want to learn basic elements of strategic management and its tools. It will teach you how to analyse situations, formulate a strategy, implement the plan, and evaluate the strategy’s effectiveness.’
- For The Entrepreneurs: Entrepreneurial Strategic Management, “An action-based course designed for entrepreneurs and business owners teaching the tools to analyse and improve strategic decision making to develop and maintain a strategic competitive advantage.”
- To Learn Strategic Thinking Skills: Strategic Thinking, “A practical, actionable course on strategy for anyone who wants to make better decisions and solve problems effectively in business and life.”
- Professional Certificate Course: IIM Kozhikode Strategic Management, “An online distance learning professional certificate course designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of management concepts, processes and tools to develop and implement strategic plans and policies.”
Recommended Strategic Management Courses
Specialisation in Strategic Management and Innovation:
A comprehensive four-course long specialisation for those who want to master strategic management skills. The course is designed to help you improve your ability to design, implement, and execute successful business strategies that result in sustainable growth and superior performance. In this course, you will -
- Understand the evolving world of business strategy, focusing on the increasingly important roles of design, user experience, and innovation in shaping competitive advantage.
- Learn about concepts such as goal setting, value creation, global integration, and diversification, and you’ll critique classic theories and frameworks in the context of new business realities.
- Create and defend a holistic business strategy in response to a realistic case study prompt.
Take this course if you’re looking to increase your strategic planning and execution capabilities.
An ideal course for those who want to learn the art of strategy management from zero; the course includes essential strategic management concepts along with real-life examples, exercises, quizzes & case studies to help you gain a holistic understanding of the topics.
The course is divided into five parts. In each part, it teaches in detail -
- Basic principles of strategy
- Situation analysis
- Strategy formulation
- Strategy implementation
- Strategy evaluation
Besides this, you’ll also learn several strategic management tools like SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces, G-matrix, Balanced Scorecard, 7S model, 5 force analysis etc., to make a well-rounded analysis of the situation.
Go for this course if you’re a total beginner and want to master the fundamentals of strategic management in a short period of time.
A comprehensive course designed for entrepreneurs who want to build a successful business and understand how the company environment and its interactions with the outside world affect their success.
This course provides an overview of the concepts and tools for strategic management and how you can apply them to your business or organisation.
- The course starts by introducing you to the concept of competitive advantage.
- Next, it discusses how the business environment impacts a company’s success.
- Finally, the course focuses on how a company can create unique internal sources of competitive advantage.
You will also learn how to deal with disruptions in the marketplace and how to predict which companies will win in the competition.
Enrol if you’re an entrepreneur looking for a course that will help you start, scale, and grow your business.
Managers and leaders need to think strategically, but few have been taught how to do this. This course covers the basics of strategic thinking and how managers and leaders like you can use it to help make better decisions, improve the productivity of your teams, and advance your career. In fact, strategic thinking is a skill that can be used in both your personal and professional life. The course gives you practical tips on how to turn this into a habit and how to use it to lead your team to achieve your goals and succeed.
Dorie Clark, a professional career and personal branding expert, teaches this course to help you understand how to use strategic thinking as a tool for
- Guiding the direction of your team,
- Coming up with solutions to key business problems,
- How to create an informed strategy by gathering data,
- Learning from the past,
- Creating a vision for the future, and
- How to apply strategic thinking in real-time.
This is an intensive program for those who want to learn how to create a winning strategy for a business in a changing competitive landscape and gain the experience to succeed in senior leadership roles.
Through a series of lectures, case studies, simulations, exercises, and a practicum assignment, you’ll gain the skills and insights you need to create a strategic vision, formulate a plan, and implement it in a dynamic business environment.
You’ll develop your strategic planning capabilities by applying concepts, techniques, and methodologies, such as financial management, operations management, marketing management, customer service management, supply chain management, and organisational behaviour.
You’ll build applied skills using the latest techniques and strategies for driving organisational growth and discover new approaches for designing, implementing, and executing corporate strategies to meet business goals.
Besides this, you’ll earn a professional certificate from the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, one of the top management institutes in India.
Get Personalized Recommendations
Just let us know what topic you're interested in and we'll suggest you the best entrepreneurship course available on the internet
This section contains links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
Click here to see our full disclaimer.
Product or company names, logos, and trademarks referred to on this site belong to their respective owners.