The 8 Best Finance Courses On The Internet
Finance isn't everyone's cup of tea. But this doesn't mean it isn't that important. Finance is the backbone of an organisation. It is the department which maintains the stability of a startup. No matter how good you are with the other aspects of running a business, if you don't know finance, there's something you'll always lack.
But you can always start with a course.
Here are the 8 best finance courses to help you succeed in the venture of acquiring more skills.
- Business Finance Specialization (For Overall Development): Managerial Economics and Business Analysis Specialization, “A 7 course specialization by University of Illinois to help business leaders build a solid understanding of the operation of markets and the macro-economic environment.”
- For Entrepreneurs Who Want To Secure Funding: New Venture Finance: Startup Funding for Entrepreneurs, “A startup finance course demystifying key financing concepts to help entrepreneurs to secure funding.”
- For New Entrepreneurs Who Want To Handle Their Startup Finance: Finance for Startups, “A perfect course for those entrepreneurs who want to learn financial planning and want to excel in understanding financial statements."
- Best Personal Finance Course: The Complete Personal Finance Course: Save, Protect, Make More, “A personal finance course for those who want to save smart and increase their net-worth in the long run.”
- For Those Who Want to Understand The Basics Of Finance: Introduction to Finance, Accounting, Modeling and Valuation, “A perfect course for those who don’t have finance experience and want to learn the basics of balance sheets, financial modelling, income statements, and cash flow statements, etc.”
- Specialization In Financial Modeling: Business and Financial Modeling Specialization, “A specialization course by Wharton with a focus on data usage to describe realities, build scenarios, and predict performance.”
- Accounting And Budgeting Course For Decision Makers: Accounting Foundations: Managerial Accounting, “A comprehensive course for those who want to understand managerial accounting – figuring out how much a product costs, analysing company’s break even, and budgeting for expenses and future growth.”
- For Those Who Want To Learn Online Accounting Software: QuickBooks Online Essential Training, “A beginner course with a focus on teaching how to create and back up your company's accounts, credit cards, inventory items, and tax statements online.”
Recommended Finance Courses
Business Finance Specialization (For Overall Development):
Perfect for business leaders looking for an finance specialization course to help them understand the market characteristics and economic environment they operate in. This 7 course series specialization by University of Illinois focuses on teaching the ways to identify firm and country-level economic factors that impact your business decisions and helps you to develop an analytical framework using statistical tools.
The specialization also teaches you how to apply economic theory and data in the analysis of business environment and trends to make effective business decisions.
The courses include analysis of an actual business situation where focus is on examining the global economic environment of a business. And the final project will include you creating a business plan which uses statistical tools and economic theory to create a comprehensive analysis of the microeconomic and macroeconomic environment in which the focal company operates.
A comprehensive course offered by University of Maryland directed towards entrepreneurs who want to understand the startup funding process and secure good funding for their startups. This course will teach you the basics of finance, valuations, dilution and non-dilutive funding sources, and will help you understand capital structure for new ventures, and the differences between early-stage versus later-stage financing.
You'll learn how to develop a pitch deck, the financial elements to include in the deck (and how to calculate them), and how to ‘get to the close’.
Focused on teaching finance to the entrepreneurs who didn't major in finance, this course teaches basic financial knowledge needed in starting and operating startups. You'll get to learn to read, understand, and write financial statements like balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements.
Besides this, this startup finance course also focuses on being a how-to guide to practicing simple financial planning of a startup, valuing the company, and securing funding.
For those who are not that good at handling personal finance and want to learn the art of spending smart and saving more. This 3 in 1 course focuses on definitive ways of saving money by spending smart on -
- Gifts & Donation
- Food & Drink, and a lot more
The course is designed and delivered by an award winning MBA professor, VC & best selling online business teacher - Chris Haroun who helps you create beneficial habits to increase your net worth in the long run.
For Those Who Want to Understand The Basics Of Finance:
This is the #1 best selling accounting course on Udemy which focuses teaching accounting and valuation from the scratch. If you're someone with no or very little finance experience or knowledge, this is a perfect course for you as you'll get to understand financial modeling, cash flow, income statements and other accounting basics from the scratch. Besides this, the course also includes valuation best practices to help you create target prices based on your financial models.
To make informed business and financial decisions it is imperative to know financial modeling, and this specialization course by Wharton is designed just to teach you that. It's focused on teaching you the usage of spreadsheet models, modeling techniques, and common applications for investment analysis, company valuation, forecasting, and more.
The course is designed to help you use data effectively to describe realities, build scenarios, and predict performance.
A perfect course for managers to hone their skills and make better decisions using an organization's financial data. Go for this course if you want a guide to help you figure out how much a product costs, analyze when your company breaks even, and budget for expenses and future growth.
Designed and delivered by accounting professors Jim and Kay Stice, this course covers all the accounting fundamentals to help you plan, control, and evaluate your business financial decisions.
QuickBooks is one of the top rated accounting software which makes it really easy to take your accounts to the cloud. Trusted by 2.2 million users worldwide, it's a great software to create accounts and financial statements, automate sales, automate invoices and do a lot more online. This course is designed to teach you the basics of online accounting and how to use QuickBooks for getting most out of your efforts.
Get Personalized Recommendations
Just let us know what topic you're interested in and we'll suggest you the best entrepreneurship course available on the internet
This section contains links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
Click here to see our full disclaimer.
Product or company names, logos, and trademarks referred to on this site belong to their respective owners.