The 14 Best Web Development Courses On The Internet
Learning web development is never a bad idea. The world is getting online, and learning how to web design will only help you capitalise on the increasing crowd either by bringing your business online in a way better than your competitors or by finding an untapped opportunity over the internet.
But web development isn’t easy. There are numerous languages, and you might get confused among the numerous web development courses available online.
But fret not.
We’ve selected the best web development courses out of the lot depending upon –
- Your experience with web development,
- Your goals, and
- The web development languages you intend to learn.
So, here is the list of the 14 best web development courses to help you in your venture of developing web-apps and websites for your business, your clients, or just for yourself.
- 360° Development Bootcamp [Free]: Codecademy Web Development Career Path, ‘A perfect place to learn web development for free, Codecademy offers a gamified UI that will help you learn both the backend and frontend aspect of web development.’
- 360° Development Bootcamp: TreeHouse Web Development Techdegree, ‘An expert led course-cum-bootcamp developed using competency-based learning approach to help you get a 360° development when it comes to learning web development. You even get live chat support via Slack.’
- For The Beginners: Web Design for Everybody: Basics of Web Development & Coding Specialization, ‘A specialization by University of Michigan focused on teaching you the basics of web development (HTML5, CSS3, and JS).’
- For Those Wanting To Become A Full-Stack Developer: Become A Full-Stack Web Developer, ‘A comprehensive course by the industry experts to help you learn both the front-end as well as the back-end of web development using the latest technologies.’
- To Learn Back-End Web Development: Become a Back-End Web Developer, ‘An expert-led certified learning path focused on teaching the foundation skills back-end web development using Node.js.’
- To Learn Python: The Complete Python Course | Learn Python by Doing , ‘An extensive course with 35 hours of on-demand videos, 54 articles, 13 downloadable resources, and 25 coding exercises, to help you reach the expert level of Python coding right from the scratch.’
- To Learn React: React - The Complete Guide (incl. Hooks, React Router, Redux), ‘A truly comprehensive course with a focus on teaching every aspect of React – basics, hooks, styling of components, Redux, Next.js etc.’
- To Learn Angular: Angular - The Complete Guide, ‘A perfect course for beginners and experienced front-end developers interested in gaining knowledge about building reactive web apps with Angular 10.’
- To Learn PHP: PHP for Beginners - Become a PHP Master - CMS Project, ‘A course fit for total beginners looking to become a professional PHP developer and develop a CMS like Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla.’
- To Learn Ruby On Rails: The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer Course, 'A highly comprehensive course (250+ lectures and 40+ hours of video content) that starts with Ruby and ends with creating multiple web apps with Rails 5 & 6.'
- To Learn Wordpress Development: Complete WordPress Theme & Plugin Development Course, ‘A course aimed at providing all the knowledge required by you to become a hirable WordPress Developer building custom themes and plugins’
- To Learn UX Designing: User Experience Design Essentials - Adobe XD UI UX Design, ‘A specialized course with well-structured, step by step lessons to help you develop and hone your skills in UX Design.
Recommended Web Development Courses
The bootcamp is powered by test driven development where you're tested after every module. Moreover, it is designed keeping in mind the busy learners, so you can access the modules whenever you get time.
The best part about this course is that the course is fully gamified - you get to code in the same dashboard where you're learning.
The only problem is that the free version of the course is limited and you might have to opt for different courses in the learning path separately. You can buy a subscription if you wish though.
A bootcamp-styled full-stack web development program for beginners, intermediate, and advanced programmers alike.
Techdegree is a subscription based online certification program comprising of all the courses you'd require to become an advanced front-end developer, back-end developer, or a full-stack developer. The courses span for a time period of 2-6 months and are holistic in all senses.
TreeHouse is an expert-led organisation focused specifically on helping people around the world learn programming. The offered certification programs are powered by -
- A researched-back proven learning style with videos, in-person classes, workspaces, and communities
- Real-world projects as assignments
- Interactive quizzes and code challenges
- In-depth reviews by peers
In short, this is a real-life bootcamp, just online. You get to study with expert teachers and fellow students who help you, encourage you, and correct you at every step of your web-development journey
A specialization by the University of Michigan designed for the total beginners to help them understand the foundations and intricacies of developing responsive websites using HTML, CSS, and JS.
Take this course if you want to give web development a try and see if this is what you wanted to pursue.
An extensive 42 hours long course taught by industry experts working with the companies and organisations like Microsoft and Stanford, this course is for the serious learners who want to learn every aspect of being a web-developer.
By taking this course, you'll not only develop a strong foundation of programming for full stack developers, but you'll also explore core server languages like PHP, Node.js, .NET, and Ruby on Rails. You'll learn -
- Database development, integration, security, and a lot more.
A perfect front-end web development course for people who don't have any prior development experience. You'll learn -
- Basics of HTML web development
- JS programming
- Bootstrap framework
Take this course if you want to understand the basics of front-end development before moving onto learning full-stack development.
An expert led specialization specialization to learn foundation skills of back-end web development using Node.js. By taking this course, you'll learn how to work with databases and build and consume RESTful APIs. You'll also understand the security aspect of the back-end.
The specialization is extensive and includes 11 inter-related courses provided by the faculty of Stanford, and provide you with complete knowledge of being a back-end developer. Plus, you get a certificate of completion.
A great course to get a broader and deeper experience in Python programming. The course is expertly developed using concise and straightforward video lessons along with practical examples and assignments to help you practice as you learn.
Completing this course will give you a certification of a professional Python developer who is well versed with databases, web development and web scraping.
The course has over 250 lectures, spanning over 35 hours, along with milestone projects, and complete, written notes, and code for you to read and refer back to you as you progress.
Moreover, the instructors will answer your every question personally.
This course talks about everything relating to the 'what', 'why', and 'how' of React. You'll learn -
- The basics of React,
- Internals of React and advanced component features
- Styling of React components,
- Unit Testing,
- Next.js, and a lot more.
Take this course if you are well versed with the front-end basics (HTML, CSS, JS) and want to get a deeper dive into React.
Used by giants like Google, IBM, Microsoft, and Intel, Angular is a sort-after TypeScript-based open-source web application framework.
Take this course if you want to expand your knowledge or build your career as a front-end web developer without any experience with any programming language.
You'll learn everything from the basics of Angular to developing an advanced project that uses Pipes, dependency injection, NgRx, and almost everything related to Angular.
PHP development is in demand today. Almost 40% of the websites over the internet are powered by Wordpress, Joomla, and Drupal. All these CMS are written in PHP.
This is an extensive course covering everything related to PHP. It progresses steadily and covers the fundamentals of Procedural PHP, Object Oriented PHP, MYSQLi in the beginning and ends by teaching you how to build a CMS system similar to WordPress, Joomla or Drupal.
ASP.NET Core is a popular open-source web framework developed by Microsoft. This expert-led course is taught by Microsoft's engineers themselves and includes all the intricacies of ASP.NET Core.
Ruby on Rails is a very popular framework used by tartups like Basecamp, Twitter, and Hulu to build full-featured web applications.
This course provides you with all the essential and advanced skills required to work with Ruby on Rails. You'll start with basic projects like saying "Hello World" and will progress to advanced aspects like Object Oriented Programming while building multiple mini-projects along the way.
Moreover, there is also live support to clear all your doubts.
The course can be taken by total beginners with no prior programming knowledge as well.
Wordpress powers 30% of the website over the internet. This has opened an all new domain of Wordpress development where programmers use Wordpress oriented PHP to develop and edit themes and plugins.
This is an in-depth course covering everything related to Wordpress development but it requires you to have the basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS beforehand.
UI and UX Designing is an underrated yet important aspect of web-development. This course focuses on teaching you Adobe XD so you can excel in -
- UI Design,
- User Interface,
- User experience design,
- UX design, and
- Web design.
You can apply to this course even if you don't have any previous experience in Adobe XD or design.
Get Personalized Recommendations
Just let us know what topic you're interested in and we'll suggest you the best entrepreneurship course available on the internet
This section contains links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
Product or company names, logos, and trademarks referred to on this site belong to their respective owners.