The 8 Best Free Digital Marketing Courses On The Internet
Searchengineland in 2016 reported that Google receives over 5 billion searches per day. These are not just searches but also opportunities for you to gain reach. Facebook serves 2.38 Billion users, many of which are your potential customers. And Twitter has a database of 330 Million users, which you can easily tap into to market and promote your business.
The incredible potential that the internet has for getting and managing customers for a brand is evident and digital marketing is the key to tap into it.
Here’s a tightly curated list of 8 free (and great) digital marketing courses on the internet for both, new digital marketers as well as experienced ones.
- For Overall Development: Fundamentals of Digital Marketing by Google Digital Garage, 'A certified course by Google itself to help aspirants’ enter the field of digital marketing smoothly by learning all the majors.'
- To learn Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Marketing: WordStream's PPC 101, 'A one-stop-solution for new and intermediate advertisers to learn everything about Google Ads and PPC.'
- To Learn Inbound Marketing: HubSpot's Inbound Marketing Course: From content creation to lead conversion, 'A perfect course to learn the art of attracting customers by developing tailor-made online content and experiences and marketing using the pull digital marketing strategy.'
- For Content Marketing: Learn What Content Marketing is and How to Do It, 'Incorporates everything from creating and publishing content to getting it an organic reach.'
- To Understand Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): Springboard’s SEO Course, 'Explains the ins and outs of getting content visible on top of search results online. With massive amounts of searches being made every day, appearing on top of them is essential for growth.'
- To Understand Social Media Marketing (SMM) Better: OHSC’s Social Media Marketing, 'This course teaches how to build a brand over social media and drive traffic towards your service or product.'
- To Help Excel In Email Marketing: HubSpot’s Email Marketing, 'A great course to learn the intricacies of getting more prospects, connecting with them, building relationships, and converting them over emails.'
- To Understand Google Analytics: Google Analytics Academy, 'A set of certified courses (divided according to skill level) by Google to help learn to track and analyze website traffic.'
Recommended Digital Marketing Courses
For digital marketing beginners, this is a fantastic course created by Google trainers that teaches you all the basics of digital marketing. It covers a wide variety of topics that enhance your skills of the subject and widens your knowledge.
The topics covered in this course are:
- How to build web presence?
- Planning online business.
- Search Engine Optimisation and Search Engine Marketing basics.
- How to get noticed online as well as locally?
- Building a social media presence.
- Content and E-Mail marketing.
- Advertising and analytics.
- Much more.
The practical real-world examples can not only help launch beginners into their digital marketing career but, can also help intermediate level digital marketers hone their skills. This 40-hour long training material is distributed among 26 modules which you can go through at your own pace.
Pay-Per-Click or PPC is simply a digital advertising model in which the publisher is paid-per-click on an advertisement. PPC is everywhere. For example, search anything on Google, the first few items tagged as ‘Sponsored’ are based on the PPC model.
With the amount of competition, it has become difficult to get traffic even with paid reach. This course teaches you the art and tricks of driving this paid traffic towards your site.
Quoting: “Google digs into the pool of Ads advertisers and chooses a set of winners to appear in the valuable ad space on its search results page. The “winners” are chosen based on a combination of factors.”
This course teaches you how to make your business that ‘winner’.
WordStream is well recognised in the field of marketing. The text-based curriculum is filled well superb infographics and feeds information in small chunks which are easy to grasp.
You will get to know about Click Through Rate, Google Ads, Conversion Rate Optimisation, Cost Per Click and a lot more.
After you are done with this, you can also take their follow up courses (paid) for intermediate and even advanced understanding.
Inbound marketing is a pull marketing technique which uses non-intrusive and targeted strategies to attract potential clients, and convert them into leads and actual customers. An advertisement of your herbal tea on an organic food blog will be an example of inbound marketing i.e. instead of placing your herbal tea ad randomly, you are targeting an audience who is already interested in organic food.
HubSpot, which is a globally recognised name in the field of marketing, provides a course for inbound marketing is probably the best free inbound marketing course to get you started with the same. It will teach you:
- Foundation of Inbound Marketing.
- Content Creation.
- Content Promotion.
- User Conversion and Nurturing.
- Sales Enablement.
- Customer Marketing.
After taking the course you will be able to strategically promote a product or post, you will understand conversational strategy, will be able to create client optimisation and lead nurturing strategies and coordinate your marketing and sales. And well, you will understand all the jargon you haven’t been able to understand now.
Content marketing is a marketing approach dedicated to creating content which is consistent and attractive for a defined audience. For example, Feedough is a content marketer focused on business and startup ecosystem.
HubSpot’s professional teachers will teach you:
- How to build a content creation framework.
- Planning long-term content strategies and generating relevant ideas accordingly.
- Techniques HubSpot itself uses to rank higher on search engine results.
- Repurposing your content.
- Promoting and analysing your content.
It covers all the chunks that together create a key to unlock content marketing environment.
This course will make you proficient in producing highly convincing content consistently. You will create content that is not only liked by your target audience but is also optimized to appear on top of search engines. You will be able to harness the power of storytelling.
The 6 hours of video material has plenty of knowledge not just for beginners but also advanced content marketers. If this wasn’t enough, if you are really up to the challenge and clear their exam, you get a certificate which holds the reputation of HubSpot.
In simple words, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the process of getting your product/service on top of searches in search engines. SEO helps you get visitors to your brand organically i.e. without paying.
Springboard’s search-engine optimisation course comes equipped with all the concepts needed to drive internet traffic in the direction you want. It is comprised of over 50 different resources across 8 main sections. These include:
- History and fundamental of SEO.
- Keyword research and content planning.
- On-page optimisation.
- Technical SEO and link building.
- Tracking and reporting.
One unique strong point of the course is the real-life case studies of all major topics. These are extremely helpful in grasping practical concepts.
Quincy Smith goes in great detail in the 44+ hour time span of this course. With this knowledge you will be able to plan, implement and monitor a SEO strategy for your business. In short, proper SEO will allow you to grow your brand exponentially.
Social Media Marketing (SMM) is the use of social media platforms to engage audience and drive traffic. As cited by Hootsuite, social ad spending is forecast to increase to $43 billion USD in 2020! This statistic itself is enough to justify the importance of having social media marketing knowledge under your belt.
OHSC’s SMM course comes with tutor support and study aids necessary for the course.
Beginning with generic social media topics and gradually proceeding into specifics of different platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube, this course is a great place to develop your social media marketing skills. In 20 hours’ duration it covers topics like:
- Marketing mix.
- Five P’s of social media.
- Development of a social media plan.
- Strategizing pricing, placement and promotion.
- Expanding your digital presence.
- Utilization guidelines.
- Building your community.
- And more.
Social Media Marketing and Influencer Marketing is something pretty much every company is moving towards and having this skill will boost any marketer’s resume. After course completion, you will also be awarded with their free course completion letter.
Email marketing is a strategy with the belief that every email is sent to either engage a current customer or convert a potential customer. Often overlooked, Emails still remain a medium to reach a large number of current and prospect customers.
In the 9 lesson provided, the experts from HubSpot Academy aid you to grasp the following concepts amongst other:
- Fundamentals of email marketing and inbound marketing.
- Creating helpful but high-return emails.
- Content management and segmentation strategies.
- Developing long-lasting relationships with current or future customers.
- Growing business with emails.
- Analysing company strategies and creating emails accordingly.
The included examples from many companies and field experts are superb resources for getting a clear view of the applied strategies. The quizzes like in all other HubSpot courses, make it hard but throughout the course ensure that you are not just watching but also learning.
The course will help you build relations with your contacts and manage them. With the included email marketing tools, you will be ready to apply the skills learnt practically. The 200-minute duration has something for every digital marketing aspirant.
This course is led by AdWords experts who use interactive methods and examples to teach practical insights on getting AdWords certified and developing high performing Google Ads.
The course progresses over time and is perfect for beginners and intermediates alike.
Analytics has been a key part of businesses since decades and has naturally become a key part of digital businesses too. Web analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of web data for purposes of understanding and optimizing web usage.
Suppose you start writing a blog, analytics will help you understand the demographic of people that are gaining interest in your blog. It will help you analyse what gets most engagement. The posts with more images may get more traffic. Hence you can start adding more images in your future posts.
There are different tools that cater to different analytics needs. And Google Analytics is one of the most used web analytics tools across the world. Google Analytics Academy focuses on teaching you how to effectively use the tool while also educating about the notions of analytics.
Comprised of different courses, the basic course starts with teaching tasks as basic as creating an account and setting goals while the final courses teach you everything there is to know. It covers:
- Fundamentals and importance of Google Analytics.
- Reading reports and setting-up dashboards.
- Data collection, processing and configuration.
- Account and views’ customisation.
- Advanced analysis techniques and tools.
- Understanding users.
- Attracting and engaging high-value traffic.
- Improving product’s overall performance.
The basic course comes with a demo account filled with real e-commerce data to let you experiment and grow your knowledge. Not just that, the third course lets you have hands-on with Google’s merchandise store. It is an excellent way to materialise the concepts taught.
Regardless of the size of your operation, may it be a personal blog or a multi-national organisation, analytics is a key part of every company in present time. The time spent on this course will be converted into firm understanding of analytics concepts and usage of Google Analytics tools. You will be able to understand ‘people’ and grow your business accordingly.
Get Personalized Recommendations
Just let us know what topic you're interested in and we'll suggest you the best entrepreneurship course available on the internet
This section contains links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links.
Product or company names, logos, and trademarks referred to on this site belong to their respective owners.