The 10 Best Content Writing Tools
Creating high-quality content that resonates with your target audience is not an easy feat to achieve. It takes a lot of effort, research and great attention to detail. Fortunately, you don't have to navigate the content writing world alone.
Here is a tightly curated list of the ten best content writing tools designed to help you with everything from brainstorming ideas and conducting research to optimising your content for SEO and polishing your writing.
The best part? You don't need to be a proverbial expert to use them. With these content creation tools at your fingertips, you can focus on what you do best - creating high-quality content that connects with your audience and drives results.
- To Make AI Write SEO Content For You: Frase: "Frase is a complete SEO-oriented AI writer that starts from keyword research till the final optimised content including relevant NLP powered keywords."
- For Keyword Research: Semrush, "A highly relevant keyword-research-cum-SEO-suite to help you find highly relevant keywords for your content writing projects, enhance online visibility and uncover marketing insights of your competitors."
- All-In-One Content Writing Tool: Jasper, "An AI powered content writing tool to help write content in 26 languages using 50+ expertly created templates. There's also a writing chatbot and Art generator to support the content."
- Best for Copywriting: Rytr "An AI writing assistant to create objective-oriented content from emails to advertisements, to film scripts to SMS and notifications with just a few clicks."
- For Advanced Grammar Checking: Grammarly, "A grammar checker tool to spot and correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. Also useful for niche-specific content writing, where accuracy and attention to detail are important."
- To Improve Clarity & Readability: Readable, "The perfect online writing tool to improve the readability and tonality of content, making it more appealing to target audiences. Perfect for marketers, freelancers and small businesses alike."
- For Paraphrasing: Quillbot, "An AI-powered paraphrasing tool for bloggers, writers and content creators to write well-crafted, polished content."
- To Get Content Ideas:Answer the Public, "A tool that listens into autocomplete data from search engines like Google then quickly cranks out every useful phrase and question people are asking around a keyword."
- To Identify Trends: Buzzsumo "A powerful tool to identify popular content, analyse competitors, discover influencers, monitor brand mentions, and track the performance of content marketing efforts."
- To Optimise Content For SEO: Surfer SEO: "A content intelligence tool that merges content strategy, creation, and optimisation into one smooth process – to help content teams grow brands, organic traffic, and revenue."
Recommended Content Writing Tools
To Make AI Write SEO Content For You
Writing SEO optimised content is a tedious task - from keyword research to writing content to optimising it for search engines usually take hours, if not days. But Frase is an AI powered tool developed specially to help you with this.
This AI-powered content writing tool uses a mix of GPT technology along with its own proprietory AI to help you:
- Create full-length, optimised content briefs in mere seconds
- Analyse the main keywords, headers, and concepts in your SEO competitors' content using one intuitive research panel
- Identify the keywords to include in your content
- Create custom brief templates to streamline and simplify workflow
- Produce controlled outputs like blog intros, high-converting copywriting formulas, FAQ's, headings, etc. using pre-made templates
- Train the AI to use your voice and tonality by creating custom templates
- Autocomplete your sentences using AI powered "write for me"
- Enhance the quality of your content with automatic passage paraphrasing and rewriting
- Compare your content's keywords with your top competitors
- Identify pages that need a little boost in rankings
- Determine high-growing opportunity keywords you are not ranking for yet
- Automatically bundle up your keywords to inform your content strategy process
So, if SEO content is on your mind while choosing your go-to content writing tool. Frase would be a great option for you.
For Keyword Research
If you're looking for a toolkit to help you with all your SEO, content marketing, competitor research, PPC and social media marketing needs; Semrush is for you.
When it comes to keyword research, Semrush lets you -
- Find industry specific keywords with high volume,
- Find competitor keywords that you can capitalise on,
- Segregate keywords according to their intent, volume, traffic potential, ranking difficulty, and trend.
And it's not just keyword research that will help you with your content writing needs. With SEMRush, you can:
- Access over 23 billion keywords (for 130 countries) to include in your content and rank high in SERPs
- Run an in-depth website audit based on 130+ checks
- Get recommendations to improve your content's readability to increase search rankings
- Track and analyse competitor websites and marketing strategies
- Create and track your PPC campaigns
- Draft, schedule and post content on social media platforms
- Create and schedule white-labelled or branded reports
Whether you're a marketer or just a content writer, Semrush should be in your content writing tools stack, be it for keyword research, competitive research, paid marketing efforts, or even social media marketing.
All-In-One Content Writing Tool
Jasper is a generative AI platform focusing on your holistic content writing needs. From social media posts to PPC ads to developing blogs 10x faster, Jasper boasts its expert-backed templates that not only saves time but also provides expert-like outputs.
It is one of the industry's most efficient AI-powered content writing tools, which also supports real-time collaboration across teams and lets you effortlessly streamline your workflow.
Here's what you'll get by signing up for Jasper:
- 50+ expert-drafted templates to write blog articles, social media posts, ad copy, and more
- AI Commands where you add input and ask AI to perform tasks on it (like "write a romantic poem for a lover using river as a metaphor")
- Recipes with nested commands to develop framework-based long-form content
- Integration with Grammarly, Copyscape and Surfer SEO to enhance your content quality.
- 25+ supported languages
The best part about Jasper is that you also get text-to-image and chatbot features along with the subscription.
So if you wish to streamline your team's content writing efforts and get more done quickly, try Jasper.
Best for Copywriting
From blogs to emails to ad copies, Rytr is an AI content generator that lets you auto-generate appealing, original, and high-converting copies in popular tones and languages with just a few prompts and clicks.
Backed by OpenAI's GPT technology, Rytr has professionally drafted templates that will help you create copies for your entire marketing campaign with just some context and a few clicks.
With Rytr, you get access to -
- 40+ use-case oriented templates including copywriting formulas like AIDA, PAS, etc.
- 30+ languages
- Inbuilt plagiarism checker
- Browser extension that lets you create copy on the go
Rytr is amongst the very few content writing tools to get perfect rating on user-review websites like G2 and Capterra because of its great UI, fast support, and agile founders.
No matter what your industry be, you can use Rytr for your copywriting use-cases.
For Advanced Grammar Checking
Grammarly is an online writing assistant designed to improve your writing by checking for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and other errors. This content writing tool can be used as a web-based tool, a browser extension, or a desktop application. It can also be integrated with various platforms, including Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and social media sites.
In addition to identifying and correcting errors, Grammarly also provides insights and suggestions to help you improve the clarity, tone, and style of your writing.
The best part?
It also comes with an inbuilt plagiarism checker.
Whether you are a professional writer or just someone who writes regularly, Grammarly can help you avoid common mistakes and produce clear, effective content.
To Improve Clarity & Readability
Whether you're a blogger, a marketer, or a novelist, Readable will help you produce clear, concise, and impactful writing. It is an online writing tool that analyses text and provides feedback on several different areas, including sentence structure, grammar, readability, and word choice.
Readable highlights complex sentences, passive voice, adverbs, and other potential issues that can make writing less clear or engaging. It also provides a readability score based on the Flesch-Kincaid and SMOG reading level, which indicates the approximate grade level needed to understand the text.
If you're irked by the constant improvements and corrections suggested by the tool, you can simply use the writing mode to prevent getting distracted by highlights and disrupting your flow.
A valuable resource for students, writers, and professionals alike, QuillBot is an online paraphrasing tool that uses AI technology to help you improve your writing. It offers content writing focused use-case functionalities like a advanced paraphraser, grammar checker, AI-powered thesaurus, co-writing tool, synonym finder, summariser, citation generator, plagiarism checker and more.
QuillBot also integrates directly into Chrome and Microsoft Word, so you don't have to switch windows in the middle of work every time you want to rewrite a sentence, paragraph, or article.
QuilBot will help you:
- Rephrase your sentence, paragraph, essay, or article using AI according to your preference, with many options available to customise and perfect the reworded text.
- Point out and correct errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, word misuse, and more so that you can easily see what's amiss and fix it quickly.
- Sift through research papers, news articles, or long-winded emails to identify and highlight the key points and give you a comprehensive overview of the material.
- Easily craft full and in-text citations in APA, MLA, or Chicago style.
- Prevent unintentional plagiarism by checking billions of sources on the web, in books, or elsewhere.
If you wish to enhance the quality and coherence of your writing while saving time and effort, sign up with QuillBot today and take your writing to the next level.
To Get Content Ideas
Answer the Public
Answer the Public is a search listening tool that uses autocomplete data from search engines like Google to figure out popular phrases and questions that people are asking around a keyword.
You can simply enter a keyword or phrase related to your business or industry, and this content research tool will generate a list of questions and phrases that people are searching for on that topic. This can give you a starting point for creating blog posts, videos, social media content, and more.
Whether you are a freelancer, a small business owner, or part of a larger organisation, sign up with Answer the Public to generate ideas, conduct research, and improve your online presence.
To Identify Trends:
Buzzsumo is a content research and social media analytics tool combined into one. With its content discovery feature, you can identify popular content across social media platforms and filter by time period, content type, and topic. You can also analyse your competitors' content to identify gaps in their own strategies and adjust accordingly.
In addition, you can identify popular influencers in your niche or industry to collaborate with. With the monitoring tools, you can track your brand's mentions across social media platforms, giving you an opportunity to engage with your audience, respond to feedback, and track brand reputation.
By leveraging the insights and data provided by BuzzSumo, you can easily create more relevant and engaging content that resonates with your target audience.
To Optimise Content For SEO
Surfer is an all-around content intelligence platform that constantly checks thousands of data points, analyses its findings, and prioritises tasks for the user based on the potential impact. It enables writers, content managers and agencies to scale their content efforts, automate their SEO workflow and rank higher and faster than ever before.
With Surfer, you can:
Get real-time scores for individual sections of your content, such as headings, subheadings, readability, and others, through the content score meter provided.
Access the outlines, briefs, and recommended structure for crafting content on a specific keyword.
Use its keywords recommendation, outlines, and score to write SEO-optimised content that reads well and ranks well on SERPs.
While generating content that meets the expectations of search engines and readers can be challenging, particularly when it involves researching the right keywords and optimising the content for SEO. However, with Surfer's assistance, this process can be simplified and made more efficient.