40 Powerful Facebook Statistics and Facts for Marketers
Facebook, world’s favourite social media network, with around 1.13 billion daily active users is the perfect choice for any business interested to tap the social media market. But to tap it for Facebook Marketing, one must know about the latest Facebook statistics.
Facebook Statistics and Facts about – People
- 23 % of the earth’s population has an Active Facebook Account. Facebook claimed its monthly active users for September 2016 to be 1.79 Billion. That means with a global population of around 7.5 billion people, approx. one in every four people use Facebook at least once a month.
- Facebook’s is no more just a social media network, it’s an economy. An economy whose active users are more than the population of China.
- Approximately 84.5% of Facebook’s daily active users are outside the United States and Canada. (source)
- 70% of users check Facebook once a day. (source)
- Canada has most active Facebook Users in the world followed by USA. (source)
- 77% of online women are Facebook users as compared to 66.7% of oonline men. (source)
- People spend more than 50 minutes a day across Facebook and its family applications (Facebook, messenger, and Instagram). Snapchat is second with around 25-30 minute spent per day. (source)
- Every second 6-8 new users are added to Facebook.
- Around 1.03 billion users use Facebook on mobile daily.
- 54% of Facebook users access the service only on mobile. (source)
- More than one billion people use Facebook messenger at least once a month. (source)
Facebook Statistics and Facts about – Posts
- 44% of Facebook users “like” content posted by their friends at least once a day. (source)
- Users like over 4 million posts every minute. (source)
- People share 1.3 million pieces of content on Facebook every minute of every day
- The optimal length of a Facebook post – 40 characters (source)
- Human attention span is around 8 seconds. Shorter posts are better than longer.
- Best days to post on Facebook – Thursday and Friday.
- Best time to post on Facebook – 6-8 am & 1-4 pm.
- Most liked page on Facebook is Facebook for Every Phone with 501,146,829 total page likes.
- Top 3 brands on facebook-
Coca cola – 99 285 554 likes
Mcdonalds – 67 198 013 likes
Microsoft Lumia – 47454928 likes
Facebook Statistics and Facts about – Photos / Images
- Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images. (source)
- Facebook posts from brands that included images earned 87 percent of all engagements (source)
- Photos get 53% more likes, 104% more comments and 84% more click-throughs on links than text-based posts. (source)
- Around 2 billion photos were uploaded on Facebook services (Facebook, messenger and Instagram) per day in 2015. (source)
Facebook Statistics and Facts about – Videos
- People are 85 percent more likely to buy a product after viewing a product video. (source)
- The number of videos appearing in Facebook’s news feed has increased 3.6 times. (source)
- 85 percent of Facebook video is watched without sound (source)
- People spend 3x more time watching a Facebook Live video on average compared to a video that’s no longer live. (source)
- Video posts generates 135% greater organic reach compared to photos. (source)
- Adding captions to videos increases the watch time by 12%, on average. (source)
- Around 8 billion daily video views were recorded in November 2015. (source)
- Around 100 million hours are spent on Facebook videos everyday (source)
- 169k Pages use crossposting video feature provided by Facebook which allows different pages to post the video again without downloading and uploading again, if given the rights by the original publishers. (source)
- 1 million hours of video has been watched with Samsung Gear VR (source)
Facebook Statistics and Facts about – advertisements
- There are around 3 million advertisers on Facebook. (source)
- Ad Prices on Facebook have increased By 247%
- Facebook captured $8 billion of the total advertising revenue in 2015 (source)
- More than 70% of advertisers are from places other than United States. (source)
- Approximately 13% of the total digital advertising revenue generated in the United States
- Purchase decisions of 47% of Millennials are influenced by social media. (source)
- Total digital ad spending might reach to $100 billion by the year 2020 (source)
- 79% of total ad revenue comes from mobile advertisements. (source)
Maybe you’d like to read about Facebook’s Business Model as well.
Go On, Tell Us What You Think!
Did we miss something? Come on! Tell us what you think of this article in the comment section.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?